Conscious / Ecstatic Dance in Vallejo
Monthly on First and Third Thursdays
8:00pm – 11:00pm
Doors open at 7:30pm
The Hub Vallejo
350 Georgia St, Vallejo, CA 94590
$10- $15 donation at the door.
Call Tymn Urban: (831) 247-4337
About the Dance
Dance Tribe Vallejo is a conscious / ecstatic dance inspired by nature-centered wisdom traditions. This facilitated dance practice is held at the THE HUB – COMMUNITY CENTER FOR THE ARTS in Vallejo, CA. Note: All ages, genders and newcomers welcome. This is a Clean & Sober Event, and a Dogma Free Zone.
Groove to Live DJ music woven with live improvisational music and drums! Let your body be moved to the inspiring rhythms of World Beat / Tribal / Soul / Funk / Deep House / Ambient … and more. Let the music guide you! There are no steps to follow, and no right or wrong steps. This dance is a transformative, heart-centered and liberating experience for all.
It is our highest intention that this dance is a safe space and touchstone for community and individual self expression. Put this on your calendar and then keep coming back! Let’s grow and explore together.
As a regular dance practice – Dance Tribe will help you to realign, move with the rhythms and changing currents of life, and create a stronger sense of personal empowerment. Here, we honor you, we empower you to be who you are at your very core.
Yours in dance, music, and peace,
Important Guidelines and Rules:
- No talking on the dance floor. This allows participants to go deeper into their Dance. (Quiet conversation is welcome in the tea area only)
- Be yourself! Dance how you feel. Express who you are from the inside out. There is no right or wrong way. Listen to your body.
- Be mindful of others as you move about the dance floor.
- Receive permission / consent before making physical contact with another dancer. Respect your boundaries and the boundaries of others.
- Keep in mind that this is not a pick up joint, really. Please be kind compassionate and aware.
- This is a Clean & Sober event. No alcohol or drugs of any kind, inside or outside of the body. This would cause you to be asked to leave.
- Do not bring cameras, cellphones, or any recording device into the dance space.
Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times and must adhere to the guidelines of the dance.
- There are no steps to learn, patterns to repeat or choreography to perfect.
- Communicate through eye contact and body language.
- Feel free to bring a Yoga Mat for stretching or lying down.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Volunteer and trade opportunities are usually available. Contact Tymn at least 24 hours in advance of the event: firstname.lastname@example.org and send him your volunteer inquiries. Thank you for your service!
- Wear clothes that make you feel good and are comfortable for dancing. Be expressive and colorful if you like, or just show up in your sweats. It’s all good!
- Consider dancing barefoot to connect with the earth. Lightweight shoes and most dance shoes or slippers are OK too. Heavy-tread shoes, heels, and boots are NOT recommended.